ActiveWin Anonymous | Create a User | Reviews | News | Forums | Advertise | Career Portal | Users Online: 253

Brautkleider aus Topwedding.de

Dismal news for Microsoft's mobile efforts: Windows Phone and Windows 8 tablets sales are in the dumper
Time: 12:58 EST/17:58 GMT | News Source: ComputerWorld | Posted By: Byron Hinson

Microsoft just got hit with a double-whammy: Reports show that Windows Phone market share is in the very low single digits in the U.S. and have declined since the release of Windows 8, and Microsoft's tablet share is scraping the bottom. Will Microsoft eventually be forced to run up the white flag? The latest figures about Windows Phone share from Comscore are grim. In the quarter ending in December 2012, Microsoft had a 2.9% market share of the smartphone market in the U.S., compared to 53.4% for Android, 36.3% for the iPhone, and 6.4% for Blackberry. More disturbing still is that Microsoft's market share declined from the quarter previous, when it had a 3.6% market share. That means that Microsoft's share of the smartphone market declinced since the release of Windows Phone 8.

The time now is 5:31:03 PM ET.
#1 By Byron_Hinson[AW] (2047 Posts) at 2/7/2013 1:01:26 PM
Despite talk of good Lumia sales, I've still yet to see one out in the real world (on a bus, in the street etc) from anyone other than myself.

#2 By bobsireno (1748 Posts) at 2/7/2013 1:53:19 PM
Sell me an unlocked one for $200 and I'm all in. I refuse to pay US carrier extortionist monthly rates with 2 year lockin.

Added 2/11: With the Lumia 620 at $249 for an unlocked phone, prices are getting close to my sweetspot. I look forward to being the first in my rural area to be seen using a Windows phone. iPhone's and Samsung's rule around here.

This post was edited by bobsireno on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 11:23.

#3 By donpacman (749 Posts) at 2/7/2013 7:23:47 PM
I think the reasons why Win phones don't sell is because the hardware isn't high-end and it's not gsm unlocked.

#4 By chrishedlund (834 Posts) at 2/8/2013 8:43:30 AM
I too have never seen an actual Windows Phone in use by anyone in public.

#5 By rxcall (1411 Posts) at 2/8/2013 10:49:02 AM
My company is preparing to make available the HTC 8X and Nokia 920 phones.

#6 By Indigetoitest (32 Posts) at 2/19/2013 11:10:13 PM
This honestly answered my problem, thank you!

<a href=http://www.salesmichaelkorsbag.com>cheap michael kors bags</a>

#7 By Niseachiefs (87 Posts) at 2/28/2013 9:34:24 AM
Hello! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the outstanding information you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

<a href=http://cheapjordans2013.talk4fun.net/>jordans outlet</a>

Write A Comment [Anonymous]
Please Enter Your User Name & Password: Or Sign Up For A New User Name

Notes:

[b][/b] Bold
[i][/i] Italics
[u][/u] Underline
Hyperlinks are added automatically, there is no need to add HTML code.

The time now is 5:31:03 PM ET.