ActiveWin Anonymous | Create a User | Reviews | News | Forums | Advertise | Career Portal | Users Online: 324

Brautkleider aus Topwedding.de

Apple storms Microsoft's castle: Macs will be as accepted in enterprises as Windows PCs by 2014, says Gartner
Time: 13:47 EST/18:47 GMT | News Source: ComputerWorld | Posted By: Byron Hinson

Microsoft's greatest trump card over Apple is its domination of the enterprise. But by 2014 that dominance will end, with Macs as accepted in enterprises as Windows machines. Could this be the end of an era in computing? In its report "Predicts 2013: Mobility Becomes a Broad-Based Ingredient for Change," Gartner says that by 2014, Macs will be as accepted in enterprises as Microsoft machines are today. That's due to the inroads Apple has made via iPads and iPhones. Because enterprise IT commonly supports those mobile devices, they will increasingly support Macs as well. As a result, by 2014, Macs will be as accepted in enteprises as Windows machines, the report claims.

The time now is 6:33:46 PM ET.
#1 By awiltfong (235 Posts) at 2/4/2013 2:02:46 PM
So Macs are going to be compatible with all of my existing infrastructer support tools, SCCM, Group Policy, AD and all of my major applications , think Oracle forms, are going to run on it. Fun! And I won't have to retrain my support staff to take care of them. Even better!

#2 By tjohns34 (9 Posts) at 2/4/2013 5:12:13 PM
Now Apple just needs to cut the price of Macs by 50-60%, and then we will consider buying them. Until then, they are useless, overpriced paperweights.

This post was edited by tjohns34 on Monday, February 04, 2013 at 17:13.

#3 By rxcall (1411 Posts) at 2/4/2013 10:16:50 PM
Our department bought a mac to compile/brand an iOS app. I showed the Apple geek on our team, who prizes this thing above all else, how to run some apps over CITRIX. His reply was, "so why doesn't our company buy everyone MACs?" That's the mentality of Apple users. We paid over 2 grand for that thing (with the retina display). It's a nice laptop for sure, but if I have to run the bulk of my apps over CITRIX - forget about it. I'll take my dell with 8 gig of ram for one third the price.

#4 By donpacman (749 Posts) at 2/6/2013 2:11:12 AM
The Japanese company I work for doesn't use any apple. It's Microsoft boxes and Android cell phones.

#5 By jdhawk (810 Posts) at 2/11/2013 8:53:22 PM
Was this article posted from the Onion?

The time now is 6:33:46 PM ET.