Fiddling With Tracks On Music CDs
Windows allows you to do some strange but somewhat cool things with audio
CDs. Try some the following:
- Go into Explorer and click on your CD drive with an audio CD in it. Be
careful, you don't want to accidentally invoke the autoplay feature.
- In the right panel you will see Track01.cda through Trackxx.cda.
- If you right-click on a track, you can play it automatically by choosing
Play from the Quick Menu.
- If you double-click on a track, it will play automatically only the track
you selected. No other tracks will be played after that.
- Try dragging a track onto your desktop (you can copy it or create a
Shortcut, it doesn't matter). Rename the track's copy/Shortcut to the song's
real name. Whenever you have the CD in the drive, you can now double-click
on it on the desktop to play it.
- You can also drag tracks to your hard drive and put them in your Start
Menu, or create a directory with CD tracks in it.
- You can also drag the shortcut to your toolbar for easier access
1998-1999 The Active Network. All rights reserved.
Please click here for