ActiveWin Anonymous | Create a User | Reviews | News | Forums | Advertise | Career Portal | Users Online: 240

Prom Dresses

Gear Best

ActiveWin.com: Interview with Steve Ballmer, Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Microsoft Corporation
Time: 00:00 EST/05:00 GMT | News Source: ActiveWin.com | Posted By: Robert Stein

After much anticipation; recently ActiveWin.com was able to sit down and interview Steve Ballmer, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft. In this interview, we discuss his greatest achievements, Linux strategy, the role of MIS/CS educational programs and much more. Here is a short excerpt:

ActiveWin.com: How do you feel the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) program has impacted Microsoft customers and technical communities worldwide?

Steve Ballmer: MVPs have a tremendous impact on Microsoft customers and technical communities worldwide, and their passion for technology is inspiring. Their commitment to helping customers optimize their use of Microsoft technologies is key, as is the feedback they provide, which is vital to product development and R&D. When I spoke at this yearís MVP summit, it was the largest ever, with MVPs representing 63 countries. We canít thank the MVPs enough for their contributions.

The time now is 12:27:30 PM ET.
#1 By daz (1818 Posts) at 6/17/2004 10:49:14 AM
Excellent interview. It seems Balmer at least has a clue, if not on the ball, unlike many CEOs these days.

#2 By Byron_Hinson[AW] (2047 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:04:19 AM
I actually did some work and got it into html a bit quicker so we got it online today!

#3 By sodablue (5248 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:05:58 AM
It's not friday... I'm sure it is not friday!

#4 By Zeo01 (322 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:07:14 AM
Sweet! I see he answered a few of my questions up there!

I didn't know that balmer loves baskestball, interesting.

#5 By AWBrian (1996 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:08:21 AM
Nice work Bob

#6 By happyguy (387 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:35:12 AM
Good job on posting this sooner than expected. However, I get the feeling that he didn't really answer the questions, they almost read as a standard press release from MS.

Although I did like this part
Their (MVPs) commitment to helping customers optimize their use of Microsoft technologies is key, as is the feedback they provide, which is vital to product development and R&D.

Does this mean we get to blame the staff here at ActiveWin if Longhorn doesn't live up to expectations? :)

#7 By AWBobStein (1074 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:41:10 AM
Sorry happy, he really did...

#8 By happyguy (387 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:44:37 AM
Maybe I misworded my qualms. I get the feeling that the answers he provided are stock answers. I could of course be completely mistaken, but the answers read as if they were/are a prepared statement. Was this an e-mail interview?

#9 By AWBobStein (1074 Posts) at 6/17/2004 11:49:41 AM
Of course...as they all are.

#10 By happyguy (387 Posts) at 6/17/2004 12:16:58 PM
#11 So Activewin did not actually "sit down and interview Steve Ballmer", you sent him an e-mail.

#12 Not fair, you can't ask them a question like that. You need to e-mail your questions in so they can craft an appropriate response.

#13 Agreed, but he went into prepared answer mode even on questions such as "what is your typical day like" which struck me as overly odd.

#11 By AWBobStein (1074 Posts) at 6/17/2004 12:28:34 PM
Lets not nitpick folks...It's much more a PITA to do a full in person or telephone interview. It takes hours to transcribe an interview from tape. This is much better. And yes, we did sit down and discuss it. I sat at my computer and he sat at his... if you want to get specific ;-)

This post was edited by AWBobStein on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 12:30.

#12 By happyguy (387 Posts) at 6/17/2004 12:41:20 PM
Sorry if my answer comes across as nit-picking, but your answer (#11) suggested that it is common knowledge that the interview was done via e-mail, while the blurb would lead the reader to believe that the interview was done face to face.

#13 By daz (1818 Posts) at 6/17/2004 3:11:53 PM
#19: (hint: Most IT-related interviews are done via email unless they're coming from trade shows and conferences).

Maybe next time you can call up Steve and chat with him and transcribe the conversation for us? Ok? Great! Thanks. ;)

#14 By AWBrian (1996 Posts) at 6/17/2004 4:19:01 PM
Read the darn interview. Like it? good. Don't like it? good.

Move along.

#15 By happyguy (387 Posts) at 6/18/2004 8:18:33 AM
#20 Get me his phone number and I'll call him.

#16 By AWBrian (1996 Posts) at 6/18/2004 11:50:53 AM
Maybe we should have you do an ActiveBong review monkeydog.

#17 By RMD (1866 Posts) at 6/18/2004 7:09:48 PM
Doesn't look like he really answered my question. (Original innovation at MS.)

Oh well.

#18 By happyguy (387 Posts) at 6/19/2004 9:43:52 PM
#41 No, I'm sure he absolutely hates Microsoft. Most people hate companies that turn them into multi-millionaires

The time now is 12:27:30 PM ET.